What is Postural Stress.. And How Can I Prevent It?
Over time if left unchecked muscles can develop adhesions or knots where they are under more stress from incorrect posture. The most common example is called Forward Head Posture or FHP.
1 inch (23.5mm) that your head is forward, adds almost the exact weight of your head again on your neck and shoulder muscles. This increases the demand on your muscles leads to inhibition of weakened neck flexor muscles and over tight Upper Trapezius and Levator Scapulae. This in turn can cause Headaches, Neck Pain and more complex conditions. Professional Massage Therapy on a regular basis can assist you to reduce stress and ensure that you can restore your relaxation state and start your return to Complete Body Wellness.
Just What Is It Doing To My Body?
Research has proven that inefficient posture can lead to a wide range of conditions including:
- Severe gastrointestinal symptoms - alignment of your skeletal frame determines the alignment of your internal organs. Improving your posture with Massage Therapy can help you resolve severe stomach and bowel problems
- FHP can cause up to a 30% decrease of your lung capacity; through inhibiting some the Anterior Muscles of the neck. FHP prevents these muscles from lifting the first rib during inhalation, also can be aggravated by rounded shoulders. By opening your shoulders the ribcage is released and the lungs have room to fully inflate, therefore allowing for easier more effective breathing.
- FHP can be associated with accelerated aging of intervertebal joints resulting in degenerative joint disease, mostly due to losing the natural curve of your Cervical Spine.
- Overtime Poor Posture results in Muscles Aches, Tension, Headaches and of course Chronic Pain and possibly lead to more longer term issue such as Osteoarthritis.
Inefficient Posture Can Lead To:
- Eye Pain
- TMJ Disorder
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Breathing Issues
- Lower Back Pain
- Numbness or Tingling in the fingers
- Forearm Pain
- Hi[ Dysfunction and Instability
Massage Therapy And You?
Massage Therapy can help to prevent and relieve your conditions, speak with your Professional Massage Therapist at Hands to Heal Massage Therapy about entering into a Therapeutic Massage health plan returning you to Complete Body Wellness.