Open 7 Days 9.30am - 7.00pm
Hands to Heal Massage Therapy - Massage Benefits
Massage is generally considered part of complementary and alternative medicine. It's increasingly being offered along with standard treatment for a wide range of medical conditions and situations.
Studies of the benefits of massage demonstrate that it is an effective treatment for reducing stress, pain and muscle tension. While research Is naturally ongoing medical professionals agree that massage therapy can be extremely beneficial for the following:
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Reduce work related stress
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance sleep quality and reduce insomnia symptoms.
- Assist with arthritic pain management.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow-the body’s natural defense system.
- Assist with shorter, easier labour for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles.
- Help athletes of any level prepare for, and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ; "the skin".
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce post-surgery adhesion's and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles.
- Release endorphin's-amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Summary of Facts
There’s no denying the power of massage therapy. Research continues to show the enormous benefits of touch in which range's from treating chronic diseases, neurological disorders, and injuries, to alleviating the tensions of modern lifestyles massage therapy can be a powerful ally in your health care regimen.
Consequently,the medical community have started too actively embrace massage therapy.
Massage has now become an integral part of hospice care and some neonatal intensive care units, also in treatment with post surgery or pain patients as part of the recovery process.
Having massage therapy can do you the world of good. And having massage frequently can do even more. You may find that you need a combination of therapies to address your unique requirements. Taking part in this form of regularly scheduled self-care can play a huge part in how healthy you’ll be and how youthful you’ll remain with each passing year.
Budgeting time and money for massage therapy at consistent intervals is truly an investment in your health. And remember: just because massage feels like a pampering treat doesn’t mean it is any less therapeutic.