Open 7 Days 9.30am - 7.00pm
Hands to Heal Massage Therapy - Contraindications to Massage
Contraindications to Massage Thearpy
Please Note: The following restrictions are in place to protect your health and well-being. Thank you for taking them as seriously as we do.
Massage is non invasive; It is relaxing and natural. Therefore massage is considered a safe natural treatment for most people. However there are three levels of contraindication.
- Regional: When Massage Therapy can be undertaken, however not over the contraindicated areas.
- Local: When Massage Therapy can only be performed once medical permission has be granted.
- General: When Massage Therapy should not be undertaken at all.
Q: Does a contraindication mean that a Massage Therapy treatment cannot take place?
A: Not always. In fact, massage can be very therapeutic for many medical conditions. However, in the above cases its best to have the advice of the physician.
A Massage Therapist may not under any law, attempt to diagnose a condition; Unless however they are a fully qualified Doctor with current registration to consult/practice in New Zealand.
If you have any questions regarding contraindications to massage therapy ask your Hands to Heal Massage Therapist or please call: 07 578 7526 and we will assist you in making the right choice.
The Massage Therapist can undertake massage, however not over the affected areas/ 2nd trimester with preganany.
- Varicose Veins
- Diagnosed Lumps and Bumps
- Cuts and Abrasions
- Inflammation, including arthritis
- *Diagnosed Pain
*Depending on type of pain, region. Massage Therapists discretion with client consent.
Please Note: Very important if you do suffer from any of the following conditions, then massage therapy can and only take place once it has been approved before your sessions in writing by your GP or Specialist.
- Cardiovascular conditions
- Psoriasis or Eczema
- Prescription Pain or Depression Medication
- Angina - Pace Makers
- Bell's palsy - Trapped or Pinched Nerves
- Gynecological Infections.
Very Important: Under no circumstance attempt to undertake a Massage Therapy treatment. Reschedule Immediately.
- Contagious or Infectious Diseases
- Cold's, Viruses or Influenza
- Under the influence of Alcohol or Drugs
- Recent Operations or Acute injuries
- Skin Disease